Of course, I haven’t forgotten about my Senior Year Bucket List. I shall give you an update on how I am doing.
- Leave a letter in some book in the library that I wish to be able to still see after a year or two. – I will accomplish this by the end of the semester for the more nostalgic/emo feel.
- Graduate magna cum laude or, fine, cum laude. (Note: I have to get a 4.0 QPI to graduate magna cum laude.)
- Play a sport or a “sport” that I haven’t played yet.
- Donate blood–be it in school or in church.
- Watch a last full show movie at Eastwood! :)
- Spend an entire night awake NOT doing anything related to school.
- Take a photo with all the professors I have had who are still in Ateneo.
- Take a photo in all of the classrooms I have had classes in.
- Eat in all of the main food establishments in Katipunan! – Only Teriyaki Boy is left in my list!
- Stay in Ateneo ‘til curfew starts…just because.
- Hug Father Dacanay OR Sir Strebel. <3
- Lie on the grass at the Bellarmine Field (or any Ateneo field) one random night. – Story below.
- Do something awesome with the block at least once a month. – Ate at Flaming Wings with people one random night for November! :) Good job!
- Meet 20 new people! – Jeremy, dude from MIS, 8 people from Blue Roast Core, yessss! I can do thiiiis!
- Be the best CompSAt president I could possibly be! :) (And getting the Most Improved Org award will be a bonus!)
- Keep a daily journal. – I will start doing this tomorrow. I was just too busy. I’ll also try to post-write for the past few weeks.
- Stop having an evil mouth! Hahaha! No to cursing!
- Do something with English block friends even just once! :)
- Apply for the Blue Roast core! – Story below.
- Bake a cake and feed block/org people what I baked.
- Finally duet with someone (Jam/Yanyan/Matt maybe) to sing “No Air” and post it on Youtube.
- Be a demi-vegetarian for 3 weeks. (Even though that means less Chinky Chickens for 3 weeks.) – Story below.
- Get someone/some people to give me 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts just because. :)
- Fall in love and not regret it.
- Have a more intimate relationship with God. <3
Story behind 12) Lie on the grass at the Bellarmine Field (or any Ateneo field) one random night:
I forgot that I was already able to do this at the High School fields (the one behind Moro). Because of some random situation I was in, I was able to lie on the grass and hell yeah, it was awesome. It was surprisingly not itchy and I surprisingly did not get that dirty after this stint. Thanks to nature’s kindness, it was a cool night, there were stars in the sky, the ground was dry and just rightly cool, and I was with an awesome friend! Stars + grass + good company = \m/! Thanks frenemy for making this happen!
Story behind 19) Apply for the Blue Roast core:
About 30 minutes before the deadline, I was asking for help on filling up my application form. I got so frustrated with my sleepiness and the stress, however, so I decided not to submit it. God is awesome, however, ’cause just a few minutes past the midnight deadline, Janlee sent a YM group message, which gave me a chance to ask if it would still be okay to submit my application for Blue Roast core (since he’s the Sanggu representative for the event). After asking some people, he eventually told me that I could still submit since there was still an opening for Doc&Pub. It was destiny! I wanted to apply for that position, after all! Just a few days ago, I got a text message from Den telling me that I got in the core and we just had our first meeting yesterday at her place. Life is awesome! :)
Story behind 22) Be a demi-vegetarian for 3 weeks:
I was very much worried about this initially since I have poor self-control when it comes to food. I decided one day, however, that I will do it ’cause I had to if I wanted to accomplish this Bucket List and ’cause I wanted to test how much effort I could put into something if I really wanted it to happen. Here I am now–a demi-vegetarian for 4 weeks (and counting)! :) I must admit, it was hard at first. I’d like to thank my family, however, for making sure that we had food that I could eat, and my friends, for choosing restaurants and fastfood establishments that served Meki-friendly stuff. I still get sad whenever I have to remove the pepperoni from my pepperoni pizza when I eat at Fazoli’s but I’m getting the hang of it and I have no plans yet of going back.