Dear 16-year-old Self,
- You are anorexic. And you probably annoy people when you ask them if you’re getting fat ’cause seriously, you looked like a zombie.
- You are too nene for college. Yes, you’ve lost a lot of weight but you could’ve at least matured a little. You’re studying in Ateneo–where girls from all these private schools abound. You could at least try to fit in even just a tiny bit.
- You shouldn’t be afraid to shift out. You probably wouldn’t regret it.
- You should spend more quality time in school–maybe being more active in your org or studying in the library. You’ll miss college once it’s done.
- You’ll be .06 points shy of graduating magna cum laude. Perform better in at least two classes to get even just one letter grade higher. The award won’t mean a thing but at least it will set you apart from the entire batch and will give you a right to bargain for higher salary.
- You should spend more quality time with your friends. Once you’re done with college, you won’t get to see each other that much.
- You should listen more in class. You’ll miss learning once you start being a corporate girl.
- You should STOP LIKING THAT PERSON. You’ll get over him next year and three years from now, you’ll laugh at yourself for even liking him. STOP CRYING NOW, seriously.
- You should stop your favorite guy friend from getting a girlfriend soon. You’ll like him 3 years from now. He’ll like you too. Might as well start liking each other while you still have time together in school.
- You should cut your other favorite guy friend some slack when he joins Babble. He deserves something awesome to happen in his college life.
- You should be more active in church. College is NOT a reason to forget the Lord.
- You should go befriend that curly-haired dude and that girl who likes watching UAAP in your block. They’ll be important to your life.
- You’re not in high school. Stop bringing your entire library to school–and stop bringing home the entire Rizal Library too. Two or three years from now, you’ll only be bringing a notebook filler, a pen and your phone.
- You’ll be studying for a semester in FRANCE a year from now! Congratulations! Go take French lessons instead of Japanese lessons. Don’t be afraid to take a class alone.
- You should stop blogging senselessly. You’re so emo. You’re blessed and you have a lot to be happy about :)
- Fine, despite all these things that I wish you changed about you, I’m still grateful. If you weren’t that way, I wouldn’t end up where I am right now. Thank you. I owe you a lot for the lessons that I’ve learned.
Your 20-year-old Self
Me being 16 and awkward: