Update: This is just my dream setlist that I posted weeks before the concert. The actual Jason Mraz Manila concert setlist can be found HERE.
A girl can dream. I know I can’t control the Jason Mraz in Manila concert setlist but there is no harm in trying to post the songs I hope and pray that Mraz and Toca would consider playing on October 30.
My dream Jason Mraz setlist includes a good mix of old and new songs—which surprises me, actually. Some are in the list because they mean something to me, some are nice to hear live, some sound incredible with Toca, some have great moments of audience participation, but mainly, all of them are beautiful. The actual Jason Mraz Manila setlist would probably include 20-21 songs but I’ll pick 25 in case the audience becomes awesome enough to deserve a grandiose encore.
Note: This list is in no particular order ’cause I’m not good with the whole build-up, climax, closing thing. However, the versions I am posting are the ones I prefer over the…well, other versions.
1) You and I Both – A popular classic which I’m sure EVERYONE can sing along with.
2) After an Afternoon – But there’s something in the way you laugh that makes me feel like a child. One of the most beautiful Jason Mraz songs ever.
3) Song for a Friend – I wish I can sing this to a friend right now :)
4) Prettiest Friend – Just ’cause this is Muniggers’ favorite song. Haha! :p And fine, I sort of wish that someone can sing me this.
5) The Woman I Love – Is this for Tristan Prettyman?? I’m pretty sure that if this song gets sung to all of the girls I know, they’d go crazy and instantly fall in like.
6) They Shaped My Life – This is a fantastic gratitude song! It makes me realize that there are so many people to thank for who I am today—regardless if they treated me well or horribly.
7) Rescue – Instantly among my favorites among the “unreleased” ones. I can imagine this to be God’s love song for me :) Whenever you need to escape, somehow I’ll rescue you.
8) 1000 Things – Well, I’ve seen a thousand things in one place, but I stopped my counting when I saw your face. I fall asleep when I hear this song—in a good way ’cause I can imagine being with a future husband and lying in bed on a lazy rainy day listening to this song. Yeah, it’s meant to be cheesy. And yes, this is one of the first songs that I liked.
9) If It Kills Me – Hahahahaha! In the past, yeah, I did imagine watching the Jason Mraz concert with someone who I thought could be a best friend and I’d be secretly in love with him. Hahahaha. Seriously. I didn’t expect that JMraz would really be coming here though and thankfully, I do not like the person anymore. It’s been, what, 3 years?
10) The Dynamo of Volition – This song makes me happy! It’s so…Jason Mraz. Good job!…Get ’em up way high, gimme gimme that high five!
11) Burning Bridges – I honestly wish that more people knew about this song :( It’s very hauntingly beautiful.
12) Sleeping to Dream – The ultimate LDR song. I listen to this song when I miss…people. And when I want to fall asleep nicely.
13) Details in the Fabric – I have always wanted to hear this live. It’s my calm-yourself-down song. Wonderful and straightforward. Everything will be fine. Everything.
14) Did You Get My Message – I am jealous of all the people who got to sing along in Schubas. I want to sing along and do harmonies too!! :) Ultimate audience participation song. Hahaha!
15) I’ll Do Anything – I need not expound. I’m sure you all know that this is my favorite Jason Mraz song. Proof is that I’ll be wearing a shirt related to this song to the concert—I just hope I can have spare time to make it.
16) Keep On Hoping – It is very unlikely that this song will get included in the setlist but whateverrr! I love this song! Reminds me about crushing from afar, which I’m sure everyone has experienced. And seriously, Jason Mraz is so cute whenever he sings this live.
17) On Love, In Sadness – This song reminds me of my JTA trip ’cause I always listened to this song when I was chilling in my room or being scared in the bathtub. And, it speaks the TRUTH. And, if Jason Mraz came to Manila in 2008, I can probably sing along with this from start to end.
18) I Won’t Give Up – :| :| :| :| <—That was my reaction when I first heard this song. It made me cry ’cause how I just wish that someone can sing this to me. Seriously. Beautiful, beautiful song.
19) Life Is Wonderful – This song needs to be sung live ’cause love and life are simple and wonderful.
20) Live High – A heartwarming song that sounds GREAT live.
21) Gypsy MC – Jason Mraz is the best white rapper alive. Hahaha!
22) Catch Up To You – Another favorite among the “unusual” ones. Reminds me of the settler-reacher thing on HIMYM. And wow, there is no live version of this up on Youtube.
23) Sail Away – Ultimate GV song! Boracay vibes! So cute and summer-y and fun! And I LOL @ Toca being a whale :))
24) The Remedy – I’ve been listening a lot to this song recently ’cause I am worried everyday. And yes, this song helps me to realize that I need not worry my life away :)
25) 0% Interest – I have influenced my sisters to love this song by playing it again and again nonstop for an entire day, literally. I have memorized this song thanks to my high play count. It’s a lovely, happy, interactive song. I really hope that they can sing this ’cause this is my favorite Jason-Toca song :( And please please please, they need to do the version below: