I saw this meme c/o Sunday Stealing and figured that it would be a good way to start 2012! Yes, dear friends, I will do my best to go back to blogging regularly–and hopefully by the end of the first quarter, I’ll get my own domain and get this blog hosted so that I can do more personal tweaking. The frustrated designer in me is oddly excited about that!
Now, on to the meme:
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I’ve never wanted to have curly hair in the past. I was a people-pleaser and straight hair was the only way to go for me. That changed during the first half of 2011 though as I found myself wanting to have beach wavy hair! An opportune time came in May to change my look and alas I found myself getting a perm from Azta Katipunan.
But alas, I chopped my hair off already–which is another first, cause never in the past did I personally want to have short hair. No regrets, though! I’m loving it!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t remember making any resolutions last year and I think it came with the belief that we don’t need a “new year” to change something. For 2012, I have a list of planned changes but I don’t want to call them resolutions–just because resolutions are usually never kept. And, I now acknowledge that I have room for improvement :)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Ate Ayuth gave birth to the cutest baby in this planet–Hime Eueia!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no one close to me passed away. I deeply share my condolences to the families of our brethren who have already been taken by the Lord.
5. What countries did you visit?
I visited…the Philippines. Hahahaha! I unfortunately was not able to step outside the country’s borders. Despite that, I was able to visit some places in my Motherland that I have not visited/appreciated before. Love your own!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I would like to have a healthier lifestyle :) 2011 was all about being sedentary for me. The most physical I’ve done were (a) the one-time team run that we had in the Army oval, and (b) thrice-a-week practices for our Youth Quake dance number.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 20 to 22.
November 25 and 26.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Improved spiritual life–by the grace of God!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Don’t say that you had failures–only challenges.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
That Jason Mraz row 9 ticket, my XBOX, and my copy of I Kissed Dating Goodbye :)
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Supplier Connectivity friends who have been very loyal. Best work friends ever :) And my sisters who are slowly aging and maturing.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
The cab driver of the taxi I rode who had a balisong. [Story posted on my Facebook page.]
13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
For The First Time by The Script
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Have a break and have a Kitkat. I was too hard on myself that even during times that I’d relax, I’d be guilty for relaxing and will just work instead.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Overthinking. It destroys. I should stop it.
16. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I’d like to think na…yes. Though the wiser Meki now knows that it was probably just falling in like.
17. What was your favorite new TV program?
Up All Night! It’s not as “mainstream” as New Girl ’cause it’s about a working mom and a ex-lawyer, now-stay-home dad trying to raise up their baby. Believe me, it’s a really adorable show! It gives me a foretaste of possible situations in my future married life.
18. What was the best book you read?
I Kissed Dating Goodbye. It changed my life and my perspective on relationships.
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
I am thankful for everything I had in all aspects of my life ’cause God has been really faithful as always so, I’d say something trivial and petty. It probably won’t hurt to have had a meet and greet with Jason Mraz ;)
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
More adventurous this 2011 but will definitely improve on it for 2012 :) My sisters tease me for being maarte but for me, it’s just a matter of being comfortable in my own skin. I’m trying to get myself to not care about what people will think if I mix this with that, if I wear this belt on top of my cardigan, if I wear this dress to that event, etcetera. Lesson: Those who matter don’t mind, those who mind don’t matter.
21. What kept you sane?
22. Who did you miss?
I missed a crush who…no, I should not divulge information :)
23. Who was the best new person you met?
Met a LOT of new folks so if you’re one of them, then you are among the best! :) I always treasure God’s blessings made manifest through people around me and the friendships they offer.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011?
I can’t please everybody. What really matters is that what I do should be pleasing to God.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I will bring praise, I will bring praise. No weapon formed against me shall remain. I will rejoice and I will declare: God is my victory and He is here. All of my life, in every season, You are still God. I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship.