Feel like writing while waiting for Rodz for our food trip and catch-up time :) Hooraaaayy for Saturdays!
Today’s meme is brought to you by Saturday 9! Glad to be participating again, as there was a time in my life when this was all I’d do each weekend! Bwahahaha! The questions today are quite interesting and kakaiba as they are all related to the song I Feel The Earth Move by Carole King. Great song, yes? You’re welcome.
1) This song is from the album Tapestry, one of the all-time best-sellers (more than 25,000,000 copies sold worldwide). Is it in your collection?
It was my first time to heart the song when I clicked on the link in the meme page, so no. But it is now.
2) It’s about that glorious passion you feel when you first fall for someone. How many times have you been in love?
Random note: It’s quite creative how the message of the song was laid out! Anyway, in all honesty, I think I haven’t REALLY been in love yet. “In like” for a number of times, yes. Well, I thought I’ve been in love once but it turned out to just be ‘care’, companionship and convenience.
3) San Francisco radio stations briefly removed “I Feel the Earth Move” from their playlists after the 1989 earthquake. Have you ever been in an earthquake and literally felt “the earth move under your feet?”
Trivia: I have never ‘felt’ an earthquake EVER, and I hope that I do not feel it anytime in the future. I just saw swaying hanging lights at KFC Piazza a few years back, which I thought was normal movement but apparently wasn’t.
4) Carole King is the first and only woman to win the Gershwin Prize for songwriting from the Library of Congress. Here’s your chance to brag a little — tell us about an accolade you have received.
Best award I’ve ever received: The “Crush ang Bayan” award during our Seniors Send-off back in college, care of my blockmates’ votes. Thanks guys, ah! Hahahaha! #medyosarcastic #kahiyamuch
5) Carole wrote “You’ve Got a Friend,” which was a mega hit for her good pal, James Taylor. King and Taylor have known one another for more than 40 years, but have never been romantically involved. Do you have any platonic friends of the opposite sex?
AAAAH!!! WONDERFUL QUESTION!!!! I love talking about my guy friends ’cause they’re awesome so YES. I think I actually have more guy friends than girl friends, to the point that I’ll probably have bridesmen during my future wedding. Bwahaha! And no, I don’t agree with people who say that people of the opposite sex can’t ever be super close and ‘just friends’. Just look at my boys!
6) Like more than 80% of the population, Carole is right handed. Are you right handed, left handed (10%) or that most rare of all, ambidextrous (less than 10%)?
I’m a righty! Though I hope to be ambidextrous. Is there a training for that? Hahahaha!
7) One of Carole King’s earliest hits was Little Eva’s “The Loco-Motion.” Little Eva was the teenager King hired to care for her young children. Tell us about a sitter who cared for you when you were little.
I don’t remember the names of our househelpers when I was little (I told you I don’t remember much from my baby-hood) but I know that Tita Mateng (our tita’s sister and favorite person from the church staff) always took care of us all even when we were kids :)
8) Beautiful is the title of the Broadway play about Carole King’s life. If we were producing your lifestory, what would you want us to call it?
We’ll call it Rollercoasters. Naks, ang deep nun ah.
9) Carole wrote “Pleasant Valley Sunday,” the Monkees’ song about conspicuous consumption. When Crazy Sam looks at her crowded shelf of hair products (paraben-free conditioner, keratin-restoring conditioner, hair masque, hot oil conditioner …), she realizes she’s guilty of it herself. Have you bought anything recently that you later decided was a waste of money?
Hmmmmm. I bought a belt that’s not really a belt. Not sure what it’s called but it looks like a necklace as it has a hook in the end. I think it was worth 350 pesos, and I bought it out of whim and panic while I was purchasing stuff for my best friend’s wedding. I realized upon wearing it once (and it falling apart on the day that I wore it) that I didn’t have to buy one as we had 2 of those at home. Aaaaah.