If the world worked on a barter system, how would you fare? Would you have services to barter? Would you be successful, or would you struggle?
Before answering this question, I had to do some research on the barter system. I’ve heard of it in my Social Studies classes, but I’m not to keen on the nitty-gritty. (FYI, barter is the act of trading goods and services between two or more parties without the use of money.)
TBH, my first thought was that I would suck in a barter system; however, upon some introspection, I realized that I might be good at it. I’ve been offering my services for free anyway (hehe). The only problem is that the things I want are quite complicated. I might have a tough time getting good truffle pasta + brick-oven blue cheese pizza with honey in exchange for 3 hours of administration services.
Just for my reference in case I’d need it in the future, here are the services I could offer:
- I know how to type!
- I know how to write?
- I know how to use Photoshop
- I know how to take pictures
- I know how to manage social media presence?
- I know how to cook pasta and some viands
- I know how to public speak
- I know how to dance
- I know how to organize stuff
- I know how to manage projects (I’d like to think that I do)
- I know how to…eat