Are you a sports fan? Tell us about fandom. If you’re not, tell us why not.
They say that there are moments that define a person’s life. I think that’s true.
- When I was a kid, I remember tagging along to all of my dad’s basketball games. He coached (and played with) the guys in our church. It was always fun :)
- I also remember playing “hyper-reality” (a.k.a. arcade) basketball with Daddy, and with all of the guys I hang out/go to the mall with — and beating them most of the time.
- In high school, I remember being pulled by some of my guy friends from playing badminton and patintero to shoot hoops and watch them play basketball instead.
- I’ve been watching UAAP since I was in high school. Thanks to my being part of Pathways, I felt that I had some blue-blood allegiance even back then.
- I fell in love with the Spurs in 2005 when I happened to watch the NBA Finals with some high school classmates.
- I used to go to Ateneo games when I was in college. Oh, we were even featured on TV because of that.
- Side note: I’ve been told back in college (when I was still regularly working out) that I looked sporty so yey?
I guess the answer to your question then is that…YES, I am a sports fan. I prefer watching basketball nowadays, but I could really watch any other sport — tennis, golf, football, synchronized swimming, curling, or what have you. I enjoy rooting for the underdogs. I enjoy seeing passion in play. And, fine, I enjoyed Coach Carter.
I haven’t been able to watch a lot of regular season games recently though, due to my budding and booming love for pop culture. This upcoming season, however, with the Spurs’ CRAZY AWESOME LINE-UP and my interest to play Fantasy NBA with officemates, I do hope to get some time to watch again. #GoSpursGo
Speaking of basketball fandom, I would like to thank DeAndre Jordan for giving me the best morning ever yesterday when he decided to go back on his word to the Mavs and re-sign with the Clippers. Thank you for blowing up the Internet.