I was checking my travel map in Matador and found out that my last international trip gave me the 20th country that I’ve visited in the world. *insert celebratory confetti* It’s not a lot compared to how well-traveled others have been, but I’m pretty sure that I have “itchy feet” and wanderlust.
While I love going places–whether local or abroad, I am not a fan of packing. Not at all. I’d rather unpack, which I understand is something that people don’t usually enjoy but is to me like opening gifts on Christmas Day. I do not have enough travel funds to ditch the luggage and head to the airport with just a toothbrush, Packing is an essential part of travel, and is definitely one thing you’d need to ALWAYS do if you plan on living life a la millenial who always needs an escape.
I only got the hang of it in the last 3-4 years, but I’ve recently just been copying and pasting my travel packing checklist via OneNote. So far so good, I must say. I’ve survived with all of the essentials–whether it be at the hot beaches of Bali, or the chilly streets of South Korea.
I’m sharing with you my checklist of essential stuff to pack for your travels. View the list under the cut.
The Essential Packing Checklist
Stuff for your main bag:
- ATM Card
- Credit Card
- Another ID
- HMO Card (e.g. Maxicare, Philcare, etc)
- Charger and Powerbank
- Universal adapter
- Extension cord (if you have lots of devices to charge; so you won’t need a lot of adapters)
- Watch + Jewelry
- Printouts (Itinerary, ticket, boarding pass, reservations, etc)
- Lip balm
Basic toiletries–preferably stuffed in one toiletry bag or ziplock:
- Mosquito repellant
- Baby wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Feminine wash
- Sanitary napkins and liners
- Touring clothes (depending on where you’re heading–you may want light dresses for sunny places, and lots of layers for some place cold)
- Jacket or cardigan (for cover up)
- A nice dress (in case something not-casual comes up)
- Lounging clothes (in case you’re chilling at your hotel/AirBnB)
- Scarf (bring 2-3 to easily change up your look)
- Underwear (3 pairs per day for safety)
- Plastic bag for used clothes – FIND!!
- Tour bag
- Rubber shoes